NM+ COLUMBIA SL-228 LAST QUARTETS MOZART BUDAPEST SQ 6-EYE 1ST PRESS 1C/1C/1C/2F
May 09, 2018
May 16, 2018
Click to enlarge
NM+ COLUMBIA SL-228 LAST QUARTETS OF MOZART BUDAPEST STRING QUARTET 6-EYE ORIG US MONO 1956
Records have never been played. Unboxed for first time on 5/8/18 to take photos for this listing. ** FIRST PRESSING STAMPERS 1C/1C/1C/2F ** 2LP BOXED SET / COLUMBIA MASTERWORKS / 6 EYE GREY & BLACK LABEL / ORIG ED1 MONO
In wallet sleeve box. Includes original inner sleeves and text inserts. The Last Quartets of Mozart The Budapest String Quartet Cello, Mischa Schneider Viola, Boris Kroyt Violin, Alexander Schneider, Joseph Roisman
Quartet No. 20 In D Major (K. 499) Quartet No. 21 In D Major (K. 575) Quartet No. 22 In B-Flat Major (K. 589) Quartet No. 23 In F Major (K. 590)
Mozart Bicentennial Commemorative Issue 1756-1956 Record Grading:?All 4 Sides: NM+ Records have never been played. Unboxed and removed from original inner sleeves for first time to take photos for this listing and capture early pressing stamper detail 1C/1C/1C/2F. Vinyl is deep black with high gloss.
Jacket Grading: NM+ Box is beautiful and in pristine condition. Color is rich and shows no signs of aging/fading. Box sides/seams are straight and sturdy. Corners are sharp. In photos you can see that it has maintained its original high gloss. Includes all original sleeves, wallet jackets & inserts.
Overall Grading: NM+ A beautiful, and relatively rare, box set. Early pressing stampers on both LPs, which have never been played. This item is nearly perfect, which is amazing as it's over 60 years old. Please see the seven high resolution, close up photos I have included in the listing details.
Shipping Policy: All LPs are secured with bubble-wrap and carefully placed in proper mailers with specialized cardboard inserts for reinforcement. LPs will be shipped in their inner sleeve, stored outside of the record jacket to avoid damage in transit. Box sets are mailed with the LPs remaining inside, after placing thin sheets of packing paper or bubble-wrap inside to further reduce movement of contents.
I am happy to combine auction items to reduce your shipping costs. However, if you want multiple items to mailed in one package
DO NOT PAY until you are done bidding.
I mail purchased items very quickly, typically same day, but ONLY to the address specified in the original request.
** I WILL
NEVER SHIP TO A LOCATION OTHER THAN THE ONE LISTED ON THE INVOICE **
Return Policy: Please read my return policy carefully before bidding. It will minimize surprises and misunderstandings.
1. My shipping costs are nonrefundable. Return shipping costs are the buyer’s responsibility.
2. My listings include high resolution, close-up photos taken under bright light. Please review them before making bidding decisions. I am happy to send additional photos upon request.
3. I sell items that are out of print or considered collectible. Refunds can only be requested if items are not as described. Buyer's remorse is not covered.
4. Returns may be requested up to 1 week after item is delivered. Refunds will be issued only after the returned item is in hand and confirmed to be in the same condition as pictured in the original listing. SEALED ITEMS MUST BE RETURNED SEALED. "NEVER PLAYED" RECORDS MUST BE RETURNED UN-PLAYED.
5. Refunds will NOT be given for defects inherent to the pressing methods of the era in which the record was produced. For example, smaller, "budget" labels from the early 1950s usually have some surface noise during quiet passages. Full refunds WILL be issued if, during the inspection process, I missed scratches or damage that can be seen and felt.
6. Instead of making assumptions regarding your preferred record cleaning methods, I will allow you to wash albums purchased from me in your own home and with your own equipment. This has always been my personal preference, as I have bought records in the past which arrived damaged by harsh chemicals and/or contaminated cloths.
7. When purchasing "never played" records, you may see remnants from the original packaging process on the LP. My policy is to let you clean this off with your own equipment. Experienced collectors know that fine cardboard dust or bits of paper from the original sleeve are most reliable evidence that a record has never been played. Refunds will NOT be given to those claiming LPs were graded incorrectly because of these remnants. For more information on this topic visit the websites of a trusted RCM manufacturer such as VPI, Record Doctor, Okki Nokki, or Nitty Gritty.
I am new to eBay, but have been ensuring 100% satisfaction for 20+ years in my professional life as the Director of Customer Service at a Fortune 500 Company. Any item that you purchase from me comes out of my personal library. I am first and foremost a music lover & collector, not a dealer or bulk seller. I am auctioning off a few choice pieces as I have simply run out of storage space. The majority of the items that I sell are duplicate copies looking for a good home and a pair of keen, appreciative ears. Please enjoy this music with family, friends and loved ones!!
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy ~ Ludwig van Beethoven